“REFORMATION: NAILED IT!”
Join us at Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp on November 18-20, 2016 for a weekend in the wilderness filled with fun camp activities, a thought provoking study, enthusiastic RTLC staff, delicious home-made meals, and serenity that only the mountains can offer. Along with the Rainbow Trail staff, this weekend will be led by an RTLC staff alum, Dan Bock. In celebration of its 500th anniversary, we’ll be exploring the Reformation, and how it is relevant to our lives today. We’ll discuss what “Reformation” means to our Lutheran identity, and how we can change the world around us by standing up for what is right.
About the Speaker:
Dan Bock grew up in Cañon City, Colorado and in Moorhead, Minnesota. He graduated from Augustana College in South Dakota, where he studied Religion with an emphasis on ancient languages. Dan moved back to Colorado after school, and currently serves as the Children, Youth and Families Minister at Evergreen Lutheran Church. He is passionate about following Jesus, making music, watching movies, and taking naps. He believes that Christ calls us to be passionate disciples through service, leadership, and radical love.
Friday, November 18
7:30- Music & Gathering Time
8:30- Opening Worship
9:30- Congregational Time
11:00- Lights Out
Saturday, November 19
7:00am- Optional Morning Watch
9:00- Music & Games
10:00- Large Group with Dan
11:00- Small Groups by Congregation
1:30-5:30- Camp Activities
7:30- Dance and Evening Party
9:45- Congregational Time
10:15- Bunko and Games
Sunday, November 20
7:00am- Optional Morning Watch
9:30- Large/Small Groups
10:30- Closing Worship
11:30- Head Home
This event is all-inclusive. Food, lodging, activities, speakers, & giveaways are all covered by this $175 fee.
Every group will need to have 1 adult leader for every 9 youth per gender that come to the Gathering. For example, if your group registers 6 male youth and 4 female youth, 1 male adult and 1 female adult will have to accompany the group.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Fill out the Group Registration Form to reserve spots for each participant.
- RTLC will email you once we can confirm that we have housing for your group. Groups will be confirmed for housing on a first come first served basis, based on timestamp of group registration. Due to limited available spaces, you may be sharing a cabin with another group.
- Once you’ve received housing confirmation, pay online or by check for all registrations within 10 days of receiving a housing confirmation email (Failure to do so will result in those spaces being released to other groups).
- Have every individual participant (including adults) fill out an online Individual Registration Form. (To assist group leaders in gathering group information, printable Individual Registration Forms are also available, but the online registration is ultimately how individuals must be registered)
- Have all adults fill out our Voluntary Disclosure Form.
- Group Registration Form
- Individual Registration Form (You will fill this out after your housing is confirmed)
- Printable Individual Registration Form
- Voluntary Disclosure Form
- Printable Flier
- Pay Online (You will complete this step after your housing is confirmed)
- Checks by mail should be made out to Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp and sent to:
Rainbow Trail Lutheran Camp
107 S. 9th Street
Cañon City, CO 81212