July 9-15, 2017
Let Rainbow Trail help you prepare for an awesome college experience! Step into wild places and have great conversation with other graduating seniors and RTLC’s experienced college guides about making the most of college. Explore what life with roommates is like; how to balance the pressures of work, studying, and social life; taking your faith down the mountain and into school; and other questions you have; as you trek through the amazing mountains surrounding RTLC.
This summer will be intense one as you graduate, say good bye to friends, sign up for classes, and pack for heading off to college. Take a week to come back to camp, relax, have fun, and refocus yourself as you make this huge transition in your life. RTLC staff, that you’ve grown up with at camp, have done it before and can help you do it with style and grace. As you hike, camp, and raft through wild places in God’s creation, they will be there to answer your questions, and help you get ready to explore the wild places that are waiting for you at college.
Are you wondering:
- What’s college really like?
- Where will I fit in?
- What’s the hardest thing about college?
- How much will I have to study?
- What’s it like to have roommates?
- How can I make new friends, and keep up with my old ones?
- What will happen to my faith?
- What if there are things I don’t want to do?
- How do I not gain the “Freshman 15” and stay healthy?
- How do I get into the classes I want?
- What if I don’t have a major yet?
- How can I get good grades and have a good time?
Rainbow Trail has an amazing summer staff who has experienced college, and all the joys and challenges that it can bring. Join them for a week on trail exploring these questions and others that you have. Open and honest conversation in a supportive Christian community will help prepare to step into the wild with style and grace.
The Week At A Glance
Every day on trail is different but we can tell you that they will be full adventuresome days that are wrapped around First Word, sharing stories, Sacred Silence, cooking meals together, Worship, and camping in some of the most beautiful country that you will find anywhere. The itinerary for the trip looks like this
Sunday – Arrival, Community Building, Dinner, Orientation, Worship
Monday – Head out on trail, hike in and set up basecamp
Tuesday – Day Hike and exploration, camp at basecamp
Wednesday – Peak Hike, camp at basecamp
Thursday – Hike back out to Trailhead and head back to RTLC
Friday – Rafting, and a BBQ dinner at RTLC, Worship and closure
Saturday – Breakfast and depart for home.
- The expedition begins Sunday July 9th at 3:00pm with check-in at Eagle Peak Lodge.
It ends Saturday July 15th, with worship at 9:30 am.
- The $450 fee covers all food, lodging, equipment, and permits from the time you arrive at camp until you depart.
- A completed Health History and Physical Examination is required for all participants. You can download the form from the FORMS page.
- Each participant is responsible for their own personal equipment, including hiking boots and sleeping bag. RTLC will provide backpacks and all group equipment. A complete gear list is available on our FORMS page.
- The trip will be led by faith filled, fun, and mature RTLC Compass Points Directors and Alumni carefully selected to provide a safe and supportive environment for conversation.
- Click on FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS to find answers, browse other COMPASS POINTS pages to find out more about what to expect on one of our trips, or contact Sam for more information at (719)276-5233 or firstname.lastname@example.org